Community Legal Services Mid FL - Inverness Office (Serving Citrus, Hernando & Sumter Counties)

106 N. Osceola Avenue
Inverness, FL - 34450
Phone Number: (352) 726-8512
Fax Number: (352) 726-0177

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. 5 p.m. Closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.

Services Provided
Public Benefits
CLSMF Public Benefits attorneys, paralegals and advocates help eligible residents of Central Florida access public benefits, including health care, cash assistance, food assistance and disability benefits.

Landlord/Tenant & Public Housing
Community Legal Services helps residents who are renting their homes or apartments stay in their homes when facing eviction, uninhabitable living conditions and other issues in both private and public (Section 8) housing.

Private Landlord-Tenant Disputes
When a person pays to live in a house, apartment or mobile home, the renter becomes a tenant governed by Florida law. It does not matter whether payment is made weekly, monthly, or at other regular periods. Also, it does not matter whether the apartment, house, or mobile home is rented from a private person, a corporation, or most governmental entities. These facts are true even when there is no written "lease" agreement.

The Consumer Law Unit focuses on problems related to debt collection, garnishment, repossession, contracts, consumer scams, small claims courts and debtor harassment. CLSMF may be able to assist you if you believe a creditor is wrongly attempting to garnish your wages, bank account, or other property. These are all common issues of consumer law for which many do not realize they have rights in protecting their assets. In addition to providing legal advice or representation in certain cases involving consumer law, the CLSMF Consumer Law team assists qualifying individuals with document preparation when faced with such consumerism troubles.

Children And Education
Under state and federal law, every child aged 3 to 22 with a disability has a right to a free and appropriate public education.
Does your child
learn differently than other children?
speak differently than other children?
need a lot of attention?
act bored or lazy?
break rules and not listen to you or the teachers?
learn slowly?
have mental health or medical problems?
walk or move in a clumsy way?
have problems with vision or hearing?
Has your child been
suspended or expelled?
sent to an alternative school?
held back/not promoted for any reason?
Special Education law requires that a parent or relative of a child with disabilities has the opportunity to be involved in the education of that child. Under special education law, schools and school districts are responsible for identifying children with suspected disabilities, evaluating their needs to determine if they need special education services, providing children eligible for special education services with the least restrictive environment/educational placement and providing a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) to children with disabilities.
CLSMF's Children's Rights Unit can also assist with juvenile record expungement.
If you think that your child has been denied the education that he or she deserves, contact our Children's Rights Unit at (386) 255-6573 extension 2741.

Domestic Violence
CLSMF provides its clients with essential services by collaborating with community-based organizations and its legal support staff that are dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence and individuals who live in fear of future domestic violence in the household. Far too many low-income domestic violence victims are forced to deal with their complex legal problems with little or no assistance. It is the goal of CLSMF attorneys to help these individuals with expert legal advice and emotional support.
Eligible victims of domestic violence can get free legal advice and representation with the following:
Orders of protection
Child/spousal support
Domestic violence related housing, and public benefits issues

Elder Advocacy
CLSMF Elder Advocates assist seniors (individuals over the age of 60) who have been subjected to physical abuse, financial exploitation through the misuse of the elders money or property by another person, intimidation, sexual abuse, or is deprived by a caregiver of food or needed medication or necessary services for survival. CLSMF Elder Advocates also help seniors with other concerns relating to matters such as living wills, financial scams, health care, and durable powers of attorney. The Elder Advocate will meet with the individual in his or her home or wherever is convenient for the individual. There is no requirement that crimes against the senior have been reported to the police to receive our assistance. In many cases, our Elder Abuse Advocates help provide information, referral, legal advice and/or representation.

We also have a Family Caregiver project. Free legal help is available if you are a:
Family Caregiver who takes care of finances and daily living activities for a person who is 55 or older.
Grandparent, Legal Guardian or Adult Relative who lives with and is the primary caregiver of a child who is 18 or younger.

Family Law
Attorneys at Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida (CLSMF) provide legal advice and representation to victims of recent domestic violence who are involved in custody litigation or Dissolution of Marriage (divorce) cases. CLSMF also extends its services to those who have not yet become victims of domestic violence but who have a reasonable fear of becoming a victim of domestic violence and are involved in cases where custody or divorce is an issue. This may include parents of children who are at risk of being abused or neglected.

Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida provides legal representation and advice to homeowners and renters on a wide range of legal issues including foreclosures, mortgage scams, landlord tenant disputes, subsidized housing, fair lending and fair housing, and more. By providing legal advice and assistance on these issues, CLSMF helps Central Floridas families, veterans, seniors and other vulnerable members of population stay in their homes and avoid homelessness. You can find out more about each area by clicking on the following links:
Fair Housing
Mortgage Foreclosure Assistance
Housing and Foreclosure Counseling
Renter Assistance: Private Landlord Tenant Disputes and Subsidized Housing

Homeowners in Florida are in crisis because the Florida foreclosure rate is one of the highest in the nation. Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida is responding to this crisis by providing high-quality legal assistance and representation to homeowners faced with foreclosure.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida has set up a Foreclosure Hotline to help eligible residents of Central Florida facing foreclosure. We cannot guarantee representation. However, we can provide you with information you may need to keep your home.
Call the CLSMF Foreclosure Hotline at 1-855-523-9150 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m Monday and Friday

  • Monday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Tuesday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Wednesday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Thursday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Saturday closed
  • Sunday closed

Mission Statement: “To provide access to justice through high quality legal assistance to low-income persons.”

User questions & answers

Are you familiar with Community Legal Services Mid FL - Inverness Office (Serving Citrus, Hernando & Sumter Counties)? Help users find out answers.

We publish all Helpful information.
Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

tried to call for a week.cannot get through
Thursday, July 29, 2021

tried to call for a week.cannot get through

What legal problem are looking for help on?

What legal problem are looking for help on?

Thursday, July 29, 2021


Friday, October 30, 2020


Stormwater flooding & driveway collapse new home built
Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Stormwater flooding & driveway collapse new home built


2021-05-19 13:07:40

I'm a disabled man who has volunteered his time, money, and energy as well as a bedroom in his house to a wheelchair bound lady, she refused to sign a lease. I gave her a 7 day notice. She is not paying rent and has not reimbursed me for any goods or services that I have paid for her benefit. I am trying to get legal assistance for this eviction in hope that I can have my house sanitized and cleaned before I am expecting visits by my two boys.

Leave a Comment

Contact form submitted!
We will be in touch soon.

Search for Legal Aid Offices

Find legal aid in your state or zip code.

Important Information

Legal Aid Funding
Legal aid professionals and organizations oftentimes receive government funding for taking on cases with those who cannot afford attorneys. For the most part, funding is limited so legal aid entities can only take on a limited amount of cases. Qualifications are often rigid.


Closest Area Legal Aid Offices