Rhode Island Disability Law Center

Legal Aid
Providence, RI
Contact Information

275 Westminster Street
Providence, RI - 02903

(401) 831-3150 Click to call There is 1 comment. Scroll down to see the details. Fax Number: (401) 274-5568 info@ridlc.org Go To Website Go to Twitter
About Rhode Island Disability Law Center

Rhode Island Disability Law Center is the federally funded, independent, nonprofit law office designated as the Protection and Advocacy (P&A) System for Rhode Islanders with disabilities. As a P&A agency, our job is to promote the civil rights of individuals with disabilities by providing individual representation, advocating for systems change, and reviewing abuse and neglect investigations. 

If you are a person with a disability in Rhode Island and are experiencing a disability-related legal problem, you may call our intake staff at 401-831-3150. Services provided include information, referral, advice and in select cases, legal representation.  There is no fee for our service. Intake staff is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The information obtained by the intake advocate will be reviewed to determine if your issue falls within our current priorities. If we are able to investigate your issue, you will receive a letter and your file will be turned over to an attorney who will be in contact with you. Please note that when you call it is not automatic that we will be able to help you.  We are committed to providing assistance, but demand for our services often exceeds the availability of our resources.  Cases must therefore be selected based upon our priority areas, which help us manage our limited resources and staff.

Mission Statement: Our mission is to assist Rhode Islanders with differing abilities in their efforts to achieve full inclusion in society and to exercise their civil and human rights through the provision of legal advocacy.

There are reviews

Anonymous - Feb 12, 2021

I am interested in speaking with someone next week about matter involving our child. She is 11 years old and has multiple diagnosis. We live in North Kingstown and despite our efforts to provide the town with multiple outside evaluations they are doing everything to not provide services. As a veteran educator I am frustrated watching my child's emotional health suffer at the hands of a district who is clearly allowing her to fail. Further, they have been grossly out of compliance with her existing 504 plan in multiple ways for 2 years. Many years ago I took a class with David Kane and to my knowledge he is part of your organization. If Mr. Kane or someone would call me it would be greatly appreciated. Currently, I am drowning in a sea of documentation that I'm not sure is useful or useless.

Do You Have A Question Regarding Rhode Island Disability Law Center?

Submitting question...

Rhode Island Disability Law Center Community Questionnaire

Are you familiar with Rhode Island Disability Law Center? Help users like you answer some of the questions they have about Rhode Island Disability Law Center.

Submitting comment...
Submitting comment...

Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2021

Persons In Family Household Poverty Guideline
For Households with more than 8 persons, add $4,480 for each additional person.
1 $12,760
2 $17,240
3 $21,720
4 $26,200
5 $30,680
6 $35,160
7 $39,640
8 $44,120

*Alaska and Hawaii have different rates for HUD federal poverty guidelines.
These numbers above represent 100% of the Federal Poverty Rate. In order to get legal aid from some offices, they use a sliding fee scale. When they use a sliding fee scale, the 100% rate can be different than 100%. In those cases, using for example a 200% federal poverty level, you will only need double the 100% number listed above to 200%.

Rate and Review

Please enter your first and last name separated by a space (e.g. Jane Miller)
Submitting review...
Nearby Legal Aid Offices - Click the Image To Go To The Listing