South Carolina Legal Services - Rock Hill Office

214 Johnston Street
Rock Hill, SC - 29730
Phone Number: (803) 327-9001
Fax Number: (803) 327-7105

South Carolina Legal Services (SCLS) provides free legal assistance in a wide variety of civil (non-criminal) legal matters to eligible low income residents of South Carolina.

SCLS handles civil (as opposed to criminal) cases that are non fee-generating. Fee generating cases are cases where an attorney receives payment from any settlement or judgment in his client's favor.

Our income guidelines are based upon the Federal Poverty guidelines. If you meet our income guidelines and have a civil legal problem of the type we can handle, you will qualify for our services.

Mission Statement: South Carolina Legal Services is a statewide law firm that provides civil legal services to protect the rights and represent the interests of low income South Carolinians.

User questions & answers

Are you familiar with South Carolina Legal Services - Rock Hill Office? Help users find out answers.

We publish all Helpful information.
Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

What legal problem are looking for help on?

What legal problem are looking for help on?

I need to get a divorce, spouse lives in TN and I live in SC.  I am on disability and cannot afford an attorney
Thursday, July 14, 2022

I need to get a divorce, spouse lives in TN and I live in SC. I am on disability and cannot afford an attorney

Wills and estates
Monday, September 27, 2021

Wills and estates

Divorce with Alimony
Saturday, March 6, 2021

Divorce with Alimony

Tuesday, February 23, 2021


Name change
Thursday, September 10, 2020

Name change

Divorce with Alimony
Friday, March 6, 2020

Divorce with Alimony

Friday, December 27, 2019



2019-12-27 06:17:11

I need representation for a divorce. I'm currently paying child support and the Sheriff showed up at mother's home.

2020-09-10 11:07:18

I am looking to get my 14 year old daughters last name changed at her request. She will be 15 in December. Is this something you can help with or guide me in the right direction?

2021-01-11 14:48:42

I am trying to find a pro bono lawyer to help my daddy. His wife passed away a year ago December 14, 2019. At first her children acted like they were going to work with daddy on dividing up the property after her death. In this past year they have claimed that he abandoned his house & property which was suppose to be divided between my dad and her kids, my dad half and her kids half which they have to divide between four of them. Since then they have always went and changed the locks on his trailer and his storage buildings without permission, they went in and stripped everything put of his home and the buildings. When they were confronted about it they said they hadn't been anywhere near his stuff them after we got the sheriff's department involved in and then a detective, the youngest son called daddy and told him that he had went there and got his stuff to put into storage so that no one would break in and steal any of his stuff, including a bunch of tools. They have been tormenting my dad with letters making it sound like he just walked away from everything and they keeping his nerves tore up. Daddy just received papers from the probate court to sign and send back in so that it closed now. Daddy has made numerous attempts at trying to settle things with them, but they are just being too outlandish about stuff and just wanting everything and not leave daddy with anything. He desperately needs help, but he has a very little income. Could you please help?

Leave a Comment

Contact form submitted!
We will be in touch soon.

Search for Legal Aid Offices

Find legal aid in your state or zip code.

Important Information

Legal Aid Funding
Legal aid professionals and organizations oftentimes receive government funding for taking on cases with those who cannot afford attorneys. For the most part, funding is limited so legal aid entities can only take on a limited amount of cases. Qualifications are often rigid.

Closest Area Legal Aid Offices