Southeastern Ohio Legal Services - Steubenville Office

100 North Third Street
Steubenville, OH - 43952
Phone Number: (740) 283-4781
Fax Number: (740) 283-2127

Southeastern Ohio Legal Services (SEOLS) is civil legal aid. Civil legal aid helps keep our justice system fair for all regardless of how much money you have. EOLS provides access to legal help so people can protect their livelihoods, their health, their homes and their families. SEOLS provides legal assistance for people who cannot afford an attorney through representation and easy-to-understand information about your legal rights. This includes information about how to get into court, what to do when in court or what to do when dealing with government agencies. SEOLS also provides easy-to-complete legal forms. We provide help with health benefit issues, school problems, housing issues, employment problems, utility questions, family law problems, consumer problems, cash benefit issues and other issues. SEOLS also assists groups of low-income people and other community partners to improve the lives of low-income people and families.

Not sure if we can help you? Request services online or find your local office to find out how we can help you.

All of our offices are open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., except for special meetings, and holidays. Contact us (request services on line, call or visit our office) as soon as the problem starts.

Serving Belmont, Carroll, Harrison, Jefferson, and Monroe Counties

Mission Statement: Our mission is to obtain equal access to justice for our clients through advocacy, education, and empowerment.

User questions & answers

Are you familiar with Southeastern Ohio Legal Services - Steubenville Office? Help users find out answers.

We publish all Helpful information.
Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

What legal problem are looking for help on?

What legal problem are looking for help on?

Saturday, September 4, 2021


adult protective services
Wednesday, August 25, 2021

adult protective services

get grandparent visitation rights
Thursday, July 29, 2021

get grandparent visitation rights

Can a grandparent get permanent custody of a child if the child has not seen the mother I. 3 years
Friday, March 6, 2020

Can a grandparent get permanent custody of a child if the child has not seen the mother I. 3 years


2020-03-06 22:17:18

The child has lived with the grandparents for 14 years .has no relationship with the mother .and the mother has not seen her in 14 years.

2021-09-04 18:33:10

Hi I desperately need help with my divorce, after 16 years my husband just up and left bought a new home and left after liquidating all of our accounts without my permission, we're also military, my husband has been out of the military since 2013 when we bought this home we have two children. I currently need to apply for disability, I have not worked in the 14 years of my 16-year marriage. I don't know how many times the police have been called to my home because of my husband's temper. Can somebody help me?

Leave a Comment

Contact form submitted!
We will be in touch soon.

Search for Legal Aid Offices

Find legal aid in your state or zip code.

Important Information

Legal Aid Funding
Legal aid professionals and organizations oftentimes receive government funding for taking on cases with those who cannot afford attorneys. For the most part, funding is limited so legal aid entities can only take on a limited amount of cases. Qualifications are often rigid.

Closest Area Legal Aid Offices