Disability Rights New Jersey

210 South Broad Street
Trenton, NJ - 08608
Phone Number: (609) 292-9742
Fax Number: (609) 777-0187

Disability Rights New Jersey (DRNJ) is a private, non-profit, consumer-directed organization established to advocate for and advance the human, civil and legal rights of citizens of New Jersey with disabilities, promote public awareness and recognition of individuals with disabilities as equally entitled members of society, advise and assist persons with disabilities, family members, attorneys and guardians in obtaining and protecting the rights of individuals with disabilities and provide education, training and technical assistance to individuals with disabilities, the agencies that serve them, advocates, attorneys, professionals, courts and others regarding the rights of individuals with disabilities.

DRNJ is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

DRNJ can be reached by telephone at:

(800) 922-7233 (toll-free in New Jersey only) or

(609) 292-9742

(609) 633-7106 (TTY)

Mission Statement: DRNJ's mission is to protect, advocate for and advance the rights of persons with disabilities in pursuit of a society in which persons with disabilities exercise self-determination and choice, and are treated with dignity and respect. DRNJ's activities are grounded in its belief in the inherent value and worth of all individuals and their right to equality of opportunity and full participation in their communities.

User questions & answers

Are you familiar with Disability Rights New Jersey? Help LegalAidOffices.com users find out answers.

We publish all Helpful information.
Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

Have you ever used this office for anything? What did you think?

What legal problem are looking for help on?

What legal problem are looking for help on?

Landlord and Tenant
Friday, July 2, 2021

Landlord and Tenant


2021-04-19 06:52:41

Good Morning, My daughter is homeless, I took her in with her 4 children, one of which is severely Disabled with Rett Syndrome, temporarily, until we could find a place for her. I live in Brick, NJ, we have been contacting any and all the resources we have been given, by Social Services, Section 8, Department of Urban Housing, Realtors, Community Church housing services...etc. Even the State Congressman Andy Kim's office to request help or at least give us direction as to where we can get help finding a home for her. We've had no luck finding a place, all responses are the same, all waiting lists for housing are closed, no one is even taking names to be put on a list. Now my HOA, which is an Over 55 community, demanded that she leaves immediately, this was last Thursday. I knew I was breaking the rules, but did not realize how long it would take to find a home for my daughter. I understand their position, but we need more time to find anything for her to move to. I don't want to fight the HOA, but I would like to request them to give us a little more time. My question...is there anything that can be done Legally to request this, and if so can you help? And of course, can you help with finding housing for her? I don't want to break laws, but I also can't put my daughter out on the street.

2021-07-07 13:20:26

Problems with my landlord.

Leave a Comment

Contact form submitted!
We will be in touch soon.

Search for Legal Aid Offices

Find legal aid in your state or zip code.

Important Information

Legal Aid Funding
Legal aid professionals and organizations oftentimes receive government funding for taking on cases with those who cannot afford attorneys. For the most part, funding is limited so legal aid entities can only take on a limited amount of cases. Qualifications are often rigid.

Closest Area Legal Aid Offices